London to Hong Kong Overland (mostly)

Tuesday, June 27, 2006

Brussels

Well, I left Paris this afternoon and after an hour long train ride I made it into Brussels. Yesterday I spent walking around Paris, first to Les Halles to see the old market and then to a nearby restaurant for lunch. It was easily one of the better meals of my life and certainly worth the money. After lunch I walked to the Louvre, although I didn't go inside (I was there a few years ago and saw all that I really wanted to see). From there I walked up the Champs-Elysees to L'arc de Triomphe.

After my walk around Paris I went back to the hostel before getting dinner from a nearby grocery store. The hostel I stayed at (le Village) was a pretty cool little place - it had all the quirks of an old hostel/hotel in the Montmartre district including a 42 inch plasma screen. I spent the night watching world cup soccer with the others in the hostel which consisted mostly of Americans, Australians, one New Zealander, a few Dutch, and some Koreans. We ended up staying down in the social area until about 2 am when everyone just about passed out.

I haven't really done much in Brussels yet other than find my hostel. It feels like I'm in an Ikea commercial since all of the furniture is very contemporary. This isn't a complaint considering this place is very clean and modern.

I need to get going so I can find some dinner and a calling card.

Regards,
Andrew

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home