London to Hong Kong Overland (mostly)

Friday, June 23, 2006

I'm sorry Mr Behn, but there are no seats available...

Yesterday morning, I rose at 330 am and after getting some cold pizza for breakfast, a quick shower, and the last minute putting together of my backpack I headed out to the airport with my mom. Things went well until I got on the 7 am flight from Boston to Dulles. Apparently there was some weather trouble along the route and my flight was delayed about an hour - just as long as my layover was supposed to be.

Once I got to Dulles, I had a few minutes until my flight to London departed and I got to the gate in time (and completely out of breath) to see the door close and the plane back away from the jetway. Even if I had been just a few minutes earlier, they had already given my seat away to a standby passenger.

To make a long story short, I was given a ticket to a flight leaving friday evening and put on standby for the thursday evening flights from Dulles to London. Luckily I got on the first evening flight - a full eight and a half hours after I was supposed to have taken off.

I got into London early this morning and now I'm hanging out at the Picadilly Backpackers Hostel where I'll be staying for the next few nights. The name of the game at this point is trying to stay awake all day so that when I go to bed tonight I'll conquer the jetlag in one go at it.

I apologize if this is kinda incoherent since I've been awake for more than 24 hours and I can really feel myself starting to drag....

must.... stay..... awake........

ZzZzZzZzZzZzZzZzZz,
Andrew

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home