London to Hong Kong Overland (mostly)

Sunday, June 11, 2006

Two Weeks Left

It's starting to become a bit more surreal - I'm starting to actually contemplate the idea of travelling from London to Hong Kong by ground, and I'm having trouble getting my head around the idea. It almost reminds me of when I went skydiving in that I could rationally explain why I was about do what I was going to do (admittedly, rationality and skydiving don't really belong in the same sentence), but I had a hard time anticipating what the experience would truly be like. Perhaps that's the real reason I or any of us do crazy things like this (wow man, that was deep).

My arm hurts. Two days ago I went to the doctor and got the shots necessary for travel to Eastern Asia (see previous post for details). In general my trip preparations are going well. I've bought all of the necessary equipment, given it the requisite test runs and gotten comfortable with it.

In a bit of breaking news, I'm going to be able to have dinner with my dad in London on my first day over the pond. It turns out he has to be in Europe for business and our travel plans miraculously worked out for one friday evening! It's not set in stone, but I think it would be a wonderful way to celebrate the beginning of my trip.

That's all I have for now - check back soon as I'm going to start posting more often very soon.

Cheers,
Andrew

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home