London to Hong Kong Overland (mostly)

Sunday, June 25, 2006

I made it to Paris

I left a relatively sunny London this morning for what turned out to be a rather soggy Paris. This follows on the heals of my only real day in London, in which I spent most of the day walking around, taking pictures, going to the National Gallery, and taking a river cruise on the Thames. I didn't get to do too much on Friday considering how incredibly jetlagged I still was. Yesterday (Saturday) saw a much better state of mind.

Last night I even managed to meet up with my dad as I mentioned I was going to do in previous posts. We got a few pints at the bar in his hotel and got to talking to a couple of locals. We ended up staying until the place closed, at which point I made it back to my hostel so I could get up in time for my train this morning.

I just checked into my hostel in Paris, which is right near the basilica de Sacre Coeur (sacred heart bascilica). It's a pretty neat little place - I have to cross a nice patio and bridge to get to my shared room. No linens though, so I may rent or I may use my sleep sack. Well, enough stupid details - I need to get something to eat.

Au Revoir,
Andrew

2 Comments:

  • Hey Andrew, it's Mom. I had to register as a blogger in order to post comments. (And you know I have to comment...) Sounds as if you're off to a good start. Don't eat too many French pastries. (On second thought, go ahead. And have one for me.)

    By Blogger Mom, at 11:39 AM  

  • Bonjour, Andre
    I tried to write comments before but lost them somehow, so here I am again. Who would have thought your mother and two aunts (maybe more to come) would be blogging away? J'espere que tu auras un peu de temps pour voir Paris. Enjoy the food and wine! Yes, Aunt Jane and I went to Sacre Coeur during our 2004 trip.

    By Blogger ChristineP, at 8:54 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home