London to Hong Kong Overland (mostly)

Thursday, August 10, 2006

The Greatest Destination on Earth

home.

I made it back to Westborough safe and sound yesterday after flying from London. While watching the news this morning about foiled terrorist attempts was a bit disturbing, it didn't affect my travel plans at all and things yesterday went very smoothly.

There really isn't a whole lot to say about the last few days. After I arrived in London I spent my one day there exploring the British Museum which is home to the Rosetta Stone, one of the Easter Island heads, and a lot of other really impressive historical and artistic pieces. My flight home was without problem, and after meeting Amanda at the airport I took the shuttle bus out to Framingham where my dad picked us up. I showed everyone my pictures, souvenirs and suntan (yes, I actually have something that looks like a tan) and ate a great meal.

I am going to keep this post short, but will try to put up one more in the next few days with some overall thoughts and impressions from my trip.

In the meantime, I want to thank everyone who read this blog while I was on my trip. It was a constant source of joy and inspiration to know that people were interested in where I was, and what I was doing. I had so much fun not only living the experiences of the past 7 weeks, but also writing down these accounts and I'm thrilled to have this compilation of writings as the ultimate souvenir to what was truly the trip of a lifetime.

Thank you,
Andrew

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home