London to Hong Kong Overland (mostly)

Sunday, August 06, 2006

In Retrospect, Hong Kong Wasn't That Hot

and Dubai is waaayyy hotter. The daytime average temperature in July/August is around 110. Everything here is air-conditioned, so people rarely leave the comfort of their hotels/apartments/cars/malls.

My last day in Hong Kong was spent mostly hanging around the island of Hong Kong and finding good food to eat. I picked up my custom made shirt, which fits really well (go figure) and at around 7 pm I left for the airport.

My flight on Emirates was really nice, and I can see what everyone raves about for their service for. Aside from hundreds of choices of movies to watch, they had a myriad of TV shows at the click of a button. Family Guy over the Indian Ocean in the middle of the night at 30,000 feet. brilliant.

I arrived this morning at around 5 am local time (four hours off from HK) and took a cab to my hotel. After sleeping for a while (something I failed to remember to do last night) I'm awake, hungry, and eager to see the city (the insides of the buildings at least)

cheers,
Andrew

1 Comments:

  • Hi Andrew, your accounts of the place visited are wayyyy interesting than my life. You made my day. Thanks.

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 4:29 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home